Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples stuck at home and waiting anxiously for their special wedding weekend. We started the DRETalks to lighten up the mood, give couples helpful advice, and of course keep everyone entertained. For all the couples out there here's 10 things to do with your significant other.
1) Calling Your Significant Other
- Call often and catchup on daily routines and work.
- Always make sure that you both had good days.
- Talk about plans you have for the night at home, like cooking, doing chores, or if you plan on relaxing in front of the TV.
2) Video Chatting
- FaceTime to see each other when you can't meetup.
- It's important to see other to make sure you're both doing well.
- Great way to see each other's expressions when you tell them any kind of news versus through text or phone call.
3) TV Shows and Movies
- Watch the same shows and movies.
- Recap the shows or movies nightly to see the different perspective or theory on what the next episode could be.
4) Instagram Sharing
- In the DM's on Instagram, on the top part of the screen there is a video icon where you can video chat with a person you have a message thread going on with.
- The cool feature is that you can share liked posts with each other by pressing the media button at the bottom.
- An example on how this helps couples is that it helps with wedding planning to send outfit posts to each other and talk about it while seeing the image.
- Stay tuned for the rest of our DRETalks videos and blogs coming out soon. Follow us on Instagram to watch our DRETalks and share it with your significant other.
5) Workout Together
- FaceTime workouts are a great way to make sure everyone is still putting in the work for the wedding body.
- You can put the camera in front of you and do the workouts together.
- Awesome way to motivate each other after a long day of working.
- It's a great substitute so you can continue your daily gym routine.
- Need some songs to workout to: Follow our music playlists to stay up to date with new music. Check it out here.
6) Virtual Happy Hour
- Explore your kitchen and find ingredients to make drinks.
- This is your chance to be a mixologist.
- Look up recipes online and be creative with it by adding your own style to it.
- Have a virtual happy hour with friends and family and cheers each other while catching up on each other's days.
- The things you crave most at restaurants can be made at home.
- Cook together is a great way to enjoy the time with each other instead of just ordering take-out.
- Treat it as if it were a fun activity, record it, share it, and make it a blast for each other.
- Of course, this is the best way to eating healthy!
- Board games you can play together: monopoly, sorry, and sequence are a few of our favorites.
- Card games that are loved by young couples: cards against humanity, uno and phase 10.
- Table games: blackjack and poker are classic favorites as well. Great way to brush up on your gaming skills before Vegas opens back up.
- Home version of Painting with a Twist is a great date night idea.
- Watch YouTube tutorials and begin a fun night with your significant other while have a drink from Tip #6.
- Find an inspiration on what to paint or choose an old picture of the both of you together.
- Hang it on a wall after you're done to remember this quarantined time.
- Have some music going on in the background: Follow our music playlists to stay up to date with new music. Check it out here.
10) Photo Collections
- Reminisce the good times since you can't go out or travel.
- Sit together and enjoy those past trips and create albums or collages.
- We know everyone is bored at home and needs things to do, so stay tuned for the rest of our DRETalks videos and blogs coming out soon. Follow us on Instagram to watch our DRETalks.
As we hope for better days to come soon, we want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the 10 Things to do with Your Significant Other, check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.