Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples stuck at home and waiting anxiously for their special wedding weekend. We started the DRETalks to lighten up the mood, give couples helpful advice, and of course keep everyone entertained. With DRETalks Episode 2, we'll be talking about home workouts you can do during the lockdown.
- Use equipment you have at home: Treadmill, Stair Master, and/or Elliptical.
- Fasted Cardio: First thing in the morning for 30 minutes. The methodology behind fasted cardio is that the body is burning 2-3 times more fat because it's using the stored fat cells from your body.
- Wear Sweats. Sweating more is good for you.
- Stay consistent with your cardio and add more time when you can handle it.
- If you don't have the proper equipment at home here are some things you can do instead: jump rope, burpees, run in place, run outside, and use the stairs in your house.
- Follow our music playlists to stay up to date with new music and enjoy jamming out to the music while on a run. Check it out here.
- Pushups help move your entire body weight.
- An ideal amount to start with is 3 to 4 sets, and the reps depend on your tolerance, so about 7 to 8 reps per set is a good starting point.
- Make sure your body is at a 45 degree angle.
- Your chest has three parts you can work on. You can try three different styles of pushups: 1. mid chest - the regular pushup, 2. outer chest - use wide arm stance, and 3. inner chest - use a diamond position for your hands.
- To do a proper squat make sure your feet are parallel to your shoulders and shoulder length apart.
- Squat down as if you were sitting on a chair.
- Knees should be at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep hands on shoulder while performing a squat. This helps keep the spine up.
- Lunges are when you step forward and the knee comes close to touching the ground but doesn't.
- Remember to alternate legs.
- You can do this standing place or if you have the room for it you can move forward lunging.
- Not everyone has weights at home, but if you do make sure you incorporate weights into your workout.
- For those that don't have weights at home, you have plenty of heavy things around the house, ie. milk jugs, water jugs, groceries and you can always fill up a carry on suit case or duffle bag with clothes and use that as weights.
- We know everyone is bored at home and needs things to do, so stay tuned for the rest of our DRETalks videos and blogs coming out soon. Follow us on Instagram to watch our DRETalks.
As we hope for better days to come soon, we want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the 5 Workouts You Can Do At Home, check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.