Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples stuck at home and waiting anxiously for their special wedding weekend. We started the DRETalks to lighten up the mood, give couples helpful advice, and of course keep everyone entertained. Here we'll be talking about five experiments you can do at home during the lockdown.
- Barbershops and Salons are closed so it leaves you with the decision to either try cutting your hair or just letting it grow out.
- Many people have decided to start cutting their hair. This is your chance to try new styles since you're at home.
- Color is a big wave we've been seeing as well. If you're a risk taker, try this out! DJ Nas colored his brown after this video.
- If your hair doesn't bother you, try growing it out and see if you can comb it in different ways.
- There are two types of guys out there, ones who love their beards and the ones that like a clean edgy look. Take a chance grow your facial hair if you haven't before, and to the guys with beards try edging it up.
- You never know if you like a certain look until you try it. The great thing about staying home is that you can try this with no judgement at all.
- Open up a cook book and attempt making a dish you've been craving.
- If you like directions given to you, try YouTube for inspiration where they tell you step by step on what to do.
- Want to know how to make the famous dish your Aunt makes for the family reunion or a friend's secret sauce in the dip, here's your chance to learn these special recipes from a loved one. Virtually of course.
- Experiment with your palette and tastebuds and try making new foods.
- Change your current recipe you love making by changing ingredients and see how it turns out differently.
- While you're cooking put some new tunes. Follow our music playlists to stay up to date with new music. Check it out here.
3) Cocktails & Mocktails
- For people that enjoy the spirits, step away from the usual drinks you have and find a mixology expert online and follow a new drink recipe.
- You can also make fruit juices. A healthy diet always keeps you fresh.
- Want to splurge a little and some sugar and make a smoothie or a slushie!
- Experimenting can be so much fun even with the items you have at home. Give it try and if it turns out great, share it with the world on Instagram or YouTube.
4) Phone Cleanup
- This is probably the best advice we can give to people who constantly keep adding more cloud space to store all their pictures. Begin the process by deleting duplicate pictures.
- Transfer old pictures to your computer or hard drive. Videos take up the most space so maybe start there.
- Make sure to delete it out of your delete or trash folder once you've transferred it from your phone.
- Be creative and make a physical collage out of the photos.
- You can also create a digital scrapbook and collaborate with friends and family to make a large album.
- During this quarantine we're all looking for ways to bring a smile to someone's face. You can make someone's day just by using old pictures and creating a masterpiece and sharing it with them. It's a great way to stay connected and spark conversation.
5) Tik Tok
- The app that has started going viral is known for their users making funny videos. You can easily make them too.
- You can act out something from a scene you saw in a movie or show.
- You can do a dance challenge.
- You can lip sync a song.
- Remember it's okay to fail on Tik Tok because the humor is in being funny.
- This is a good way to pass the time while having fun and being creative.
- We know everyone is bored at home and needs things to do, so stay tuned for the rest of our DRETalks videos and blogs coming out soon. Follow us on Instagram to watch our DRETalks and follow us on Tik Tok too!
As we hope for better days to come soon, we want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the 5 Experiments You Can Do At Home, check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.