Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples stuck at home and waiting anxiously for their special wedding weekend. We started the DRETalks to lighten up the mood, give couples helpful advice, and of course keep everyone entertained. Here we'll be talking about how you can stay healthy at home during the lockdown.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Right after fasted cardio in the morning make water your first intake to your body.
- Drink a gallon of water per day.
- Water helps the skin, hair, and organs.
2) Meal Prep
- Preparing your meals helps you stay dedicated throughout the week.
- Eggs are great for breakfast. Have 2-3 egg whites cooked any way you want.
- High protein diets are key in fat burning.
- If you had the option between bread and rice, choose rice.
- Anything that has 0 calories is a great add for sauces: ie. Frank's hot sauce and dry seasonings from Buffalo Wild Wings are a good addition to your meals.
- Anything spicy is a fat burner. Hot Cheetos don't count.
- If you're cutting for your wedding this is the order in which protein is most important for you: chicken, fish, shrimp, and then steak last. Keep steak as a splurge meal.
- Proportions of proteins, fats, and carbs are very important. 4-6 oz protein, 4oz rice, 4oz of veggies (greens are good for you) is a solid meal that is good for your body.
- Super foods and 0 calories foods are also great for you: Cucumbers are the solid choice because it also cools your body down if you're in a hot State.
- Make a salad up to 10 oz of spinach and throw in any other veggies you're craving, boiled eggs, protein, and most importantly avoid dressings.
- Follow our music playlists to stay up to date with new music while you're meal prepping. Check it out here.
3) Grocery Shopping
- What to buy at a grocery store: buy the items listed above in Tip #2.
- Buy in proportion since your body is adjusting to the taste of these new items.
- Fruits, veggies, and water should be a top priority.
- Snacks you can have: tree nuts but plain, not honey roasted or chocolate covered nuts.
- Few more options for snacks include berries, apples, oranges, and bananas.
- Try to avoid anything with sugar or if it's processed. ie. Candies and baked goods that are off the shelf are terrible for your body. Make those baked goods fresh with better ingredients at home.
- You can avoid excessive snacking by chewing sugar free gum.
- Drink more water to avoid unnecessary hunger
- Timings to eat: 8am, 12pm, 8pm. You don't want to eat right before bed since it will it store it as fat.
- Turmeric is healthy for you because it's an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Add a pinch to your coffee, eggs, and any items you can.
5) Alcohol Intake
- We know everyone is home and working from home so you're probably thinking having a couple drinks per night is no problem, but alcohol is a big addition to gaining fat.
- Limit how much you have because even though you're home it's still damaging your body.
- Alcohol slows your body down which effects your body's processing rate. You spend all day being healthy but in the evening ruin it with a drink. The best advice is to save the drinking for maybe 1-2 times a week to best help your body instead of every night.
- We know everyone is bored at home and needs things to do, so stay tuned for the rest of our DRETalks videos and blogs coming out soon. Follow us on Instagram to watch our DRETalks.
As we hope for better days to come soon, we want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the 5 Tips on how to Stay Healthy at Home, check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.