Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples stuck at home and waiting anxiously for their special wedding weekend. We started the DRETalks to lighten up the mood, give couples helpful advice, and of course keep everyone entertained. Here you can find how to enjoy Happy Hour at Home while making the classic Old Fashioned cocktail.
- Bourbon, Regular Whiskey, or Rye Whiskey: 40-45% alcohol volume
- Bar Syrup: "First Call" Simple Syrup is the fan favorite
- Aromatic Bitters: Make sure they're aromatic and not regular bitters
- Ice: 2 kinds, regular ice and ice blocks
- Measuring Glass: helps your bartending skills become more consistent
- Spoon: a mixing spoon that is metal and curvy
- Peeler: use a metal peeler
- 2 Serving Glasses: wide enough for ice blocks to fit
- Strainer: once the drink is made, use a strainer to pour out the drink into the glass without having any extra ice making its' way into the glass
- Here is the link to the Whiskey Stones and other great Father's Day Gifts.
- Step 1: 1 oz Simple Syrup in the measuring glass
- Step 2: 4 Dashes of Aromatic Bitters
- Step 3: 3 Orange Peels
- Step 4: 4 oz of Bulleit Rye Whiskey
- Step 5: Mix it altogether.
- Step 6: Add the whiskey
- Step 7: Add ice
- Step 8: Mix it once again.
- Step 9: Use a strainer to pour the cocktail into the glasses
- Step 10: Enjoy!
As we hope for better days to come soon, we want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the Happy Hour at Home blog on how to make the Old Fashioned cocktail, check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.