We love djing luxurious Muslim weddings. It's no wonder that we end up at most of the luxurious Muslim weddings that happen in the Dallas metroplex along with many destination weddings. We know the culture, what music to play for each event during the weekend and the right equipment that is needed throughout the weekend.
The main purpose of this blog is to share with couples a guideline to a smooth wedding weekend. If you want new music lists on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube or want some Non-Stop Mixes, fill out the form on this page.
A Muslim wedding is celebrated over the course of three days. These days consist of the Mehndi, Shaadi, and Valima. For a Muslim couple dreaming of their luxurious wedding weekend, here is a guide to the ultimate wedding you have always wanted.
Day 1: Mehndi (our favorite day)
The Mehndi day consists of the fun and relaxed environment while still formally dressed. The ladies of both families get their henna done. Mehndi events in the Muslim culture are vast in size and require a large hotel ballroom space. Below are the details on how this fun and vibrant day will be.
- The main attraction on the Mehndi day is the application of Henna/Mehndi. The Henna is a temporary tattoo that ladies of each family put on to celebrate the joyous occasion. Supposedly the darker the Henna stains, the more your fiance loves you.
- The bride to be and groom have separate entrances with their respective families. Typically the groom’s side will enter first to an upbeat song of the groom’s choice, with an array of gifts for his bride. Next will be the bride’s side entrance.
- After the Henna has been applied, dinner begins. Everyone is enjoying the beautiful decor, festive music, and great food.
- Once dinner is complete, get your cameras ready, it’s time for the performances! Here is where the couples’ friends and family put together a skit on how the couple met up until their wedding day. Also there are many dances where each family puts on a show for all the guests.
- The performances are finished and usually the finale song leads into the open dancing. The finale song is an upbeat song featuring a flash mob or where the performers pick up random guests from the audience and invite them to dance. Here is where we take over. DJ Riz Entertainment can keep the dance floor packed all night.
Day 2: Shaadi
The shaadi is a reception from the bride’s side and is the actual wedding ceremony. A classy and formal reception style arrangement is what most couples do.
- Both the bride and groom’s side will make separate entrances.
- Once both families have made their entrance we begin the shaadi with the Nikkah ceremony. This ceremony will take place on the stage where the vows will be made in front of the male witnesses from both sides of the families. This will make the couple husband and wife under Muslim law.
- The dinner will open to the guests as they can enjoy fine Pakistani cuisine. During the dinner time usually the couple will ask immediate family members to come to the stage and take pictures and then open it up to the other guests.
- Once pictures are complete the couple will cut their cake as we play a song that describes their love for each other.
- The main program is now concluded and if you want dancing, DJ Riz Entertainment will give the couple and their guests an evening of dancing they’ll never forget.
- Some couples are combining shaadi and valima into one event or the Mehndi and Shaadi into one event.
Day 3: Valima
The Valima is the final celebration in a Muslim wedding and is a reception from the groom’s side. The most formal of all events has now arrived. Here is where everyone will dress in their most elegant outfits.
- Depending on the culture, the couple now married has the option to enter separately or together. It is quite fine to do either option.
- Once the entrance has been made, we will direct the couple to cut their cake.
- Next we will have a word of thanks from both side’s parents. A speech is also given by a sibling of the bride and groom or a close friend.
- The exquisite dinner begins with our music to provide a warm and happy atmosphere.
- To conclude the evening the couple will take pictures with all of their guests.
The DJ Riz Entertainment team takes pride in being a part of Muslim weddings. Our team will help make your dream wedding come true and give you an unforgettable experience. Hiring an entertainment team that knows the cultures and traditions is very important, this will help you have a smooth wedding weekend. Every year hundreds of couples trust our professional wedding entertainment team and we are able to deliver a service they remember for a lifetime. We would love to be a part of your celebrations and make it memorable for you and your family. If you would like to talk about your wedding, please contact us here. If you want new music lists on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube or want some Non-Stop Mixes, fill out the form on this page.