We love djing Mallu weddings, some of our DJs prefer it to any other wedding. It's no wonder that we end up at most of the Mallu weddings that happen in the Dallas metroplex along with many destination weddings. We know the culture, what music to play and the right equipment that is needed.
The main purpose of this blog is to share with couples a guideline to a smooth wedding. If you want new music lists on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube or want some Non-Stop Mixes, fill out the form on this page.
A Malayalee Christian (Mallu) wedding is mainly celebrated on one day. This day consists of the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, and possibly an After Party. For a Malayalee Christian couple dreaming of their luxurious wedding day, here is a guide to the ultimate wedding you have always wanted.
The wedding ceremony is a beautiful celebration joining the bride and groom to become one.
- The bride and groom have their first look before the wedding ceremony begins. The smiles in the pictures really show the love between the couple.
- Next begins the wedding ceremony where the marriage vows are completed, and the exchanging of rings.
- After the ceremony is complete the bride and groom take pictures with their immediate family and bridal party.
- This is a casual time where guests mingle with others and enjoy various appetizers and cocktails along with our music.
- While the guests are in the foyer the bride and groom, bridal party, and immediate family are inside the ballroom taking pictures before the reception begins.
The biggest event of the day is finally here, the reception! Dress to impress with your most luxurious outfits. Tons of pictures will be taken, make sure those smiles are up and get ready for the time of your lives!
- Let's begin with the entrances. Parents and siblings are up first entering to their favorite songs. The bridesmaids and groomsmen can enter together in pairs, altogether, or in separate groups. They will use the most hype songs of that year or an anthem they used to jam to with the bride and groom. And now the main entrance, the Bride and Groom are welcomed in with an abundance of cheers to their favorite song.
- Prayer is done to bless the food next. Malayalee Christian weddings have either a lunch or dinner reception. Typically it is a plated meal brought out to the guests during the program.
- Next is the couples first dance. Sometimes a couple will do a traditional first dance with a slow waltz or in other cases the bride groom planned a choreographed dance where they begin with a slow dance and the music cuts into an upbeat song to get the crowd excited.
- Here comes the part where you get to know the couple on a more personal level, the speeches. Speeches are usually given by a few members of the bridal party, and parents. College stories told by friends usually gives a good laugh to the audience.
- It’s time to have the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance. A heartwarming moment to witness. We suggest having a song that describes the relationship between the parent and the bride or groom.
- Now comes the cake cutting ceremony, a simple and sweet love song is played for the couple as they cut their cake and feed each other.
- During the lunch or dinner time the bride goes back to her suite to change from her wedding dress into a traditional Malayalee outfit. During this time there will be a slideshow playing to show the bride and groom’s life from childhood till the wedding day. Then she will make a second entrance into the ballroom with her groom.
- Lighting of the Lamp Ceremony is next and it is a symbol of two hearts becoming one.
- Milk Ceremony by both mothers is custom to give the bride and groom a happy married life.
- It’s performance time! An epic love story captured through the eyes of the bridesmaids and groomsmen is reenacted to show all the guests how the bride and groom came to know each other.
- Now it’s time to dance! The reception will be a mix your favorite hip hop/top 40 tracks and some Mallu and Bollywood music. Everyone from young to old will have a great time.
4) After Party
- This is a time for the bride and groom to enjoy the conclusion of the day long festivities with their close friends and family.
- It’s usually a place for all the young people to relax, have cocktails, and eat finger foods.
- The best part of this event is the music, the couple requests their favorite tracks. From start to finish the dance floor is ongoing all night.
- Most couples will do this in the same ballroom as the reception, some may pick a different room at the same venue or a few will do it at a different venue a few hours later.
The DJ Riz Entertainment team takes pride in being a part of Mallu weddings. Our team will help make your dream wedding come true and give you an unforgettable experience. Hiring an entertainment team that knows the cultures and traditions is very important, this will help you have a smooth wedding weekend. Every year hundreds of couples trust our professional wedding entertainment team and we are able to deliver a service they remember for a lifetime. We would love to be a part of your celebrations and make it memorable for you and your family. If you would like to talk about your wedding, please contact us here. If you want new music lists on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube or want some Non-Stop Mixes, fill out the form on this page.