Over the past 26 years, we have worked with thousands of amazing couples across the world. Recently we have seen many couples spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to figure out whether to keep or postpone their wedding date. With the COVID-19 Pandemic at large now, we're seeing many more couples struggle with the steps on how to postpone their weddings. We know wedding planning is tough; and now to deal with the difficult task of moving your wedding to a new date, contacting vendors, and of course the venue is a headache you shouldn't have to deal with.
8 Tips for Couples Postponing their Weddings.
This blog will help you with the following:
- What steps to take to postpone your wedding date
- Things to consider before reaching out to your vendors and venues
- What and how to communicate with everyone involved
Want more information or don't like to read, check out this video:
1) Is my deposit safe
- #1 concern every couple has.
- Reread your vendor and venue contracts to check for what happens to your deposit in the case of postponements or cancellations.
- Ask if you can change your date without penalty.
- What is the new date for the final balance being due.
2) Contact your Venue & Vendors
- Contact your venue and vendors to see how they are helping other couples in the same situation.
- Ask about their COVID-19 policy.
- Allow response time for venues and vendors. They may not be as quick as usual.
3) Find a new date
- Pick multiple dates as options.
- Time frame to choose from the original date: 3-12 months out is a good rule of thumb.
- Avoid holiday weekends.
- Avoid popular weekends: friends and family weddings. Ask the venue and vendors what dates they have free before picking a new one.
4) Prioritize Venue and Vendors
- Ideal case is all your vendors and venue are available. In reality it may not work out that way.
- Rank the services that are most important to you.
- Make sure as many of them are available on your new date. If you need a DJ, contact us here.
5) Find Available Vendors
- If a vendor isn't available; book someone else right away. These blogs will help you find the following vendors: planner, decorator, photographer, videographer, makeup, and mehndi.
- Ask your current vendor for recommendations if they are not available.
6) Review Guest Lists
- Make a prioritized list of attendees of the following amounts: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, etc. - keep going up till you reach your max guest count. Just in case you need to change guest count later.
- Think about how many people will still travel for the wedding?
7) Communication to your Guests
- Let guests know the wedding has been postponed.
- Send the confirmed new "save the dates" electronically as soon as you figure it out to guests you want to invite.
- Send new RSVP's.
8) Reactions. Stay happy and be ready to celebrate
- Its' still your wedding and there is a lot of excitement. As vendors we cant wait to help make weddings memorable again. If you need a DJ that will make your wedding unforgettable, contact us here.
- We know it's tough to stay positive after making so many adjustments. Remember to stay happy with your significant other and tell your family to be happy with you.
- Let's keep the spirits up. Do a fun shoot with your significant other holding masks, gloves, precautionary wear and sanitizers to remember this time. You can even use this for your new save the date or updated RSVP.
A wedding is the happiest moment in your life and you should have vendors that you love. We understand how tough it may be to postpone your wedding weekend. We want to let you know you're not alone, and together we can all get through this. Over our 26 years of bringing joy to couples, the DJ Riz Entertainment team has been a part of thousands of couples dream wedding weekends. We look forward to making many more thousands of couples happy once the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. If you need a DJ, contact us here. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay home. And a big shoutout to our frontline workers. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacies you guys are the true superheroes.
If you liked the 8 Tips for Couples Postponing their Weddings, check out check out all our blogs focused on Indian Wedding Tips.